Segmentation Fault

Sunday, October 30, 2005

Sunday Fun

I remembered to set my clock back this morning. The extra hour of sleep was really nice. Though I'm not sure how I feel about it going to be dark at 5:40 pm.

I ran a 5k fun run this morning. Really nice course, and a really big turnout. The cause was raising money for uninsured/underinsured women in McHenry county ( where I live ) to get breast cancer screening/testing/mammography. It's a couple years old now, and they surpassed last years effort by several thousand dollars.

The weather was great, about 50 and sunny. A little windy, but not too bad. Still shorts weather. Since this was my first real run since the marathon, I didn't have any goals, and certainly not expecting to smash my PR for 5k.

I ended up finishing in 21:43, for a 6:59/mile pace. I went out kinda hard, hitting mile 1 mark at 6:40'ish. Backed off a bit from that, as I didn't want to destroy myself. Overall pace was fast, but not super uncomfortable. I kicked a couple times to move up past people, which was cool. Nobody I passed was able to pass me back and make it stick, which was a first for me.

I'd like to think that I can go under 20:00 for the 5k, considering how I did today coming off 3 weeks of nothing. That also means that I should be able to get under 45:00 for 10k, which I'd be super happy with. I'm planning to do some of those in Nov/Dec, once I start back into my training schedule, so we'll see how that turns out!

1 Comments:

  • F-dot is so modest - her speedwork is paying off as well!

    Congrats on your smokin' 5K! I finally joined up on BT, and after poking around for a bit I found your profile there. :)

    By Blogger klbarrus, at 10:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home