Segmentation Fault

Friday, October 14, 2005

Aloha!

Made it here, obviously. :)

Hawaii rocks. It's just too cool. Some first thoughts:

- Open Air Airports are the best. So laid back. It was awesome. Coming in over the water, then an old lava flow, when suddenly, the runway appears.

- Timezones make things fun. But in a good way. I was up and around this morning at 5:30 local time, which was waaaaay before the rest of the tourists. So I had the run of the whole resort for about an hour.

- I will never complain about Chicago traffic again. There's literally one highway here. So everybody takes it. Got to admit the scenery is a bit nicer though. Rental bike is the way to go.

- Gordo is cool. Met him today at the Ironman wetsuit booth. Got a poster and 'Going Long' signed. Wicked cool.

- It's a small world. Ran into Scott Gix at the IM wetsuit booth. He and his wife Julie are the brains behind Oomph! sports. So I talked to them about the upcoming products, what I thought of the current ones. Good thing I was wearing a pair of Oomph! shorts at the time. They definitely care about their stuff and are really cool.

- It's hot here. Damn hot.

- I love Tanita scales. They had a booth at the expo, so I had to try one out. Ready for the stats? :)


Weight: 174.2 lbs
Body Fat: 7.1% ( holy shit!)
Body Water: 63.6% ( means I was hydrated )
Muscle Mass: 157.4 lbs ( lean muscle baby! )
Physique Rating: 8 ( on a scale of 1-9 )
Basal Met. Rate: 2172 ( damn, my metabolism is stoked! )
Metabolic Age: 12 ( this explains a lot ... )
Bone Mass: 8.2 ( avg. is 7.3, go go calcium! )
Visceral Fat: 1 ( lowest possible score, yeah! )


Okay, that scale just did way more for my ego than *anything*. Maybe that's part of the draw... Hehehe.

That's all for now. Got some pictures today. Will get plenty more tomorrow for sure. I'm working bike transition, so I'm right on the pier. Great view of the swim start and finish, and of course all of the athletes as they come through transition.

Off to enjoy the beach for a bit before dinner and then an early ( according to local time ) bedtime.

2 Comments:

  • Heh. That's one scale I'm definitely NOT buying!

    By Blogger Gail at Large, at 8:01 PM  

  • I'm with F-dot... I have a previous model but the latest and greatest sounds tempting... :)

    Have fun tomorrow! I'll check in on the live updates now and then.

    By Blogger klbarrus, at 8:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home