Segmentation Fault

Saturday, October 08, 2005

T Minus 12 Hours

Twelve hours to go. I'm carbed up, and heading off to bed. Getting up early, catching the train into the city, and then we find out how well I face down 26.2 miles. :)

It's going to be cold. Which is good. A bit colder than I'd like, but that's better than hot. It will be upper 40's at the start, and mid to upper 50's by finish. Going with my running shorts, longsleeve dry-fit, and an sweatshirt I don't care about to pitch when I get warmed up. Hat, sun goggles, and gel flask to round it out.

There's a nice gear check service, which rocks. I'll wear a jacket and running tights down there, and stash them in the bag for after the race. I think a pair of sandals as well.

I'm going to start with the 3:50 pace group. I've decided to go for it. I'm shooting for a sub-4 hour finish. Of course, a finish period will be good, but I think I can pull off a sub-4. For 3:50, that's an 8:46 average pace. For 3:55, that's an 8:58 pace. For a 4:00, that's a 9:09 pace. I've gotten down into the upper 7's during the 10k of an olympic tri. As a standalone run, I should be able to hold a little under 9 min per mile.

Feel free to root for Bib number 24356 tomorrow!

1 Comments:

  • Good luck! I'll be thinking about you... not sure I'll be online to check but I'll definitely have you in my thoughts.

    By Blogger Krisanne, at 6:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home