Segmentation Fault

Friday, October 28, 2005

Re-Up

I talked to my brother yesterday. For those that don't know, he just started his second tour in Iraq with the 101st Airborne. He's currently in or around the vincinity of Camp Speicher. Exact location is... well... I could tell you but then I'd have to kill you.

This week, he finished his initial comittment to the Army, and voluntarily re-enlisted. A process that is known as a 'Re-Up'. There's usually a little ceremony involved, and this time was no exception. He was able to send a couple pictures. Yes, he is rather tall. He's taller than me, so while he's my younger brother, I can't really call him my *little* brother anymore.


The hummers with the .50's are a nice touch.

Some differences this time around. They don't have to carry their gas-masks all the time, now that there isn't an imminent threat of chemical weapons. That really made me nervous before. Not that bullets are safer, but at least you can see/hear those coming. The hummers are also all of the heavily armored variety, with lots of additional plating and such added on. And finally, note the new uniform camo pattern. It's different from the last set of 'sand-camo' fatigues they were issued.

2 Comments:

  • *wow* How tall IS your brother?

    By Blogger Gail at Large, at 2:48 PM  

  • 6' 2" in barefeet with a slouch. :)

    And he still manages to be skinnier. If he ever does a tri I'm in trouble. He swam competitively for many years, and he runs like a demon.

    By Blogger Chris Parker, at 8:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home