Segmentation Fault

Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Hump Day Update

Okay, work has calmed down enough that I got some pictures sorted and posted from Ironman. This one is for Karl. He knows why. Click the image to see the rest.


Went on my first run tonight since the marathon. Legs still know how to move. No HRM, no stopwatch, so I have no idea how long. Roughly 35 minutes for about 3.5 miles. Maybe faster, maybe slower. It was fun. Legs still have some tweaks that I need to keep resting/stretching.

I might go for a swim tomorrow night if I feel like it. Then again I might not. I love this unstructured concept. No planned workouts. If I feel like it, no HRM, no watch. Just go fun/easy RPE. A couple more weeks (1-2) of this, then start easing back into a more structured routine. Meeting with coach this weekend to go over the big picture plan for the buildup to IMWI. Plotting out some strength training plans to add into the mix over the next couple months.

Rough plan for 2006:
  • Nov-Dec - Ease back into it. Do some fun 5k/10k every other weekend or so.
  • Jan-Feb - Base work, some specific strength focus. ( 1/2 Mary in Feb? )
  • Mar-Apr - More Base, ( Oly in Apr )
  • May-Jun - Build ( Oly in June )
  • Jul-Aug - Build to Peak ( 1/2 IM in July, Oly in Aug )
  • Sep - Taper ( IM in September )
Oh yeah, one more thing: GO SOX!

1 Comments:

  • Great pics, and thanks! It's gonna be fun to cheer for YOU at IM Hawaii. :)

    By Blogger klbarrus, at 7:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home